June 3, 2021 |
Food & Wine, News |
Gotham Manhattan Cocktail Recipe
• 2 ounces rye whiskey (or bourbon)
• 3 ounces Noir de Noir
• 1/2 ounce dry (Italian) vermouth
• 2 dashes Angostura bitters
• Orange peel or Italian Luxardo cherry
- In a mixing glass or Boston shaker, combine rye whiskey, Noir de Noir, vermouth, and Angostura bitters. Fill the mixing glass halfway with ice, then stir vigorously about a dozen times (or shake if using a shaker).
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass over a giant ice cube (if available, giant ice cubes look great but also the ice melts slower, not diluting the wine cocktail.
- Squeeze orange peel over the glass to extract oils, wipe the rim of the glass with the peel and add to the glass.